Respiratory Protection Program Training Records
Before signing the respiratory protection program training records form, be sure you understand each of the following:
- Why the respirator is necessary and how improper fit, usage, or maintenance can compromise the protective effect of the respirator.
- What the limitations and capabilities of the respirator are.
- How to use the respirator effectively in emergency situations, including situations in which the respirator malfunctions.
- How to inspect the respirator
- How to put on and remove the respirator.
- How to perform seal checks of the respirator
- Procedures for maintenance and storage of the respirator.
- How to recognize medical signs and symptoms that may limit or prevent the effective use of the respirator.
- General requirements of the OSHA Respiratory Protection standard.
Signing the document states that you understand the use, care, and inspection of the respirator(s) you have been assigned to use.