What is BizFIT?
BizFIT is The College of Business's Freshmen Intensive Transition program, designed to expose incoming freshmen to academic curriculum that relates to all programs of study within the College. The program will prepare students to take on the challenges and opportunities that come with being a Nevada Business student. By the end of the BizFit program, the students will be more prepared for their academic careers and ready to #ThinkBusinessNV.
The College of Business is one of eight colleges that has a college-specific FIT camp. If you have not decided on an area of focus, NevadaFIT camp is open to all incoming freshmen from all majors. Camps have capacities, and students must officially be accepted into the program to attend.
BizFIT participants experience the following:
- Gain core skills & knowledge related to the College of Business
- Become familiar with campus resources that support student success
- Develop an understanding of writing a business plan
- Meet and interact with College of Business faculty, staff, and academic advisors
- Develop an understanding of business networking
- Increase their awareness of professional development and how imperative it is as business profession
Who should attend BizFIT?
BizFIT is available to College of Business freshmen who are pre-business majors, planning to declare a specific business major in one of the following programs:
- Accounting/Information Systems
- General Business
- International Business
- Information Systems
How do I apply for BizFIT?
Stay tuned for information on applying for BizFIT 2021. If you have any questions, contact us at BusinessAdvising@unr.edu.