The College of Business at the University of Nevada, Reno creates numerous opportunities for students to develop their entrepreneurial capacities. Our mission is to develop entrepreneurial talent by developing real businesses.
The entrepreneurship program currently includes an Entrepreneurship Minor and an Area of Emphasis in the MBA Program. The Entrepreneurship Minor is open to all students at the University, designed with no pre-requisites so any student can complement their major with entrepreneurial training. The MBA is designed to provide students who did not do a business undergraduate degree to obtain training in business, and the Area of Emphasis in Entrepreneurship provides a focus on training useful for developing a startup business.
There are plenty of ways students can experience entrepreneurial training and experience even without completeing the minor or MBA emphasis.
- Take a single entrepreneurship course of interest.
- Participate in the Sontag Competition, an annual competition where University students or student teams are judged by an impressive panel on the best startup business idea to win $50,000.
- Join the student Entrepreneurship Club, which allows students to meet other students involve in entrepreneurship, facilitates the formation of Sontag Competition teams, welcomes interesting external speakers, and more.
- Opportunities are also available through the College's affiliations with the Nevada Small Business Development Center, Center for Regional Studies and the Entrepreneurs Assembly.
Learn more about the Entrepreneurship discipline.
- David Croasdell: Charles and Ruth Hopping Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Mark Pingle: Professor of Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Frank Fossen: Charles N. Mathewson Professor of Entrepreneurship
Related Degrees and Programs
Contact College of Business
|Location||Ansari Business Building|
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557