The deadline to apply is August 2, 2021
The Online Executive Sports Management (SPTM) Program is open to graduates from all disciplines. Students should have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university.
Application and Admission Criteria
The following are the requirements for consideration into the online Executive Sports Management program:
- The SPTM program is open to those who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution. Any undergraduate major is acceptable.
- The applicant must have an overall undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
Create an account with the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School, then complete the online Executive Sports Management Application. Within the application portal, applicants will be asked to provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume or CV
- A statement of purpose indicating relevant work experience and career objectives
- Contact information for one reference who will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation
- Full post-secondary educational history
- Include every institution where post-secondary educational coursework has been completed
- Official transcripts should be sent by each institution to the address below. Transcripts submitted by the applicant cannot be considered official.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
International candidates must have strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken. As an international student, you must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo.
- Minimum score requirements:
- TOEFL: 550 (paper) or 79 (internet)
- IELTS: 6.5 (academic version)
- Duolingo: 105
- Students are expected to complete a great deal of reading and writing in the program. A strong command of the English language is critical for success.
- The TOEFL is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.
Please note that because the degree is completed entirely online, the University does not issue student visas to Online Sports Management students.