The University of Nevada, Reno’s online Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program goes far beyond the fundamentals to explore the intricacies of advanced accounting, tax laws, financial analysis, and reporting.
As industry-active accounting professionals, our faculty’s real-world experience adds depth and perspective to multiple curriculum tracks. They are available to support you throughout your online learning experience, providing you with the advanced level of knowledge needed to prepare effectively for CPA certification.
Applications are accepted year round.
Depending on the curriculum track, the tuition* for the online Master of Accountancy ranges between $23,940 and $28,440.
*Not including student fees or books
Online MAcc admissions requirements
To enroll in the online accountancy master's program, applicants must have completed a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and meet minimum GPA requirements.
- Core Track admission. Applicants with a degree from an AACSB-accredited school must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 and a grade average of B or better in all accounting courses. Applicants with a degree from any other regionally accredited school must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and B or better in all accounting courses.
- Background Track admission. Applicants with an undergraduate degree in fields other than accounting who have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience will be required to complete two up to six courses in addition to the 10 required core track courses.
*Applicants must also meet English language proficiency requirements
What is the Background Track?
The Background Track is for students who do not have an undergraduate degree in accounting.
Background track candidates must complete two courses in addition to the 10 required core track courses.
What to submit in your application?
The following materials must be submitted in order to apply for the program:
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
Ready to apply?
Applications are submitted online through The Graduate School. Register for an account and start your online application today.
Application deadlines are July 27 (fall start), December 15 (spring start) and April 6 (summer start).
We’ve structured the curriculum so you start the online master’s program in accountancy with either Background or Core courses, depending on your academic and professional background.
There are two curriculum paths:
- 30-credit hour program (Core Track)
- 36-credit hour program (Background Track, includes Core Track Courses)
Example course topics
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Business Analysis
- Accounting Ethics
- International Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Data Transformation
- Accounting Theory