MBA Admissions and Checklist
The MBA Program is open to graduates from all disciplines. Students should have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States, or proof of equivalent training at a foreign university.
Applications are accepted for the fall and spring semesters. Application materials must be filed at the Graduate School by the deadlines below:
- Application materials for Fall semester must be filed by March 15.
- Application materials for Spring semester must be filed by October 15.
Timeline to Process Applications:
The MBA Committee will meet the week after the March 15th deadline to review the applications. The decision letters will be sent out by the last week of March.
The MBA Committee will meet the week after the October 15th deadline to review the applications. The decision letters will be sent out by the last week of October.
Admission to the MBA Program requires fulfillment of all three of the following:
- A minimum GPA (grade point average) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale,
- A recommended minimum GMAT score of 500 or GRE score of 150. Exceptions are only granted if the applicant has completed one of the following:
- An accredited graduate degree (Master's, Ph.D.)
- A professional degree (JD, MD, DVM, etc.)
- An active CPA, CFP, CMA or PE license.
- GMAT or GRE scores over five years old are not accepted.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience.
The Graduate School and the MBA program requires the following information for admission:
- Complete an online application form with the required fee. You will need to create an account via the application portal and submit your application to the University.
- Please review the step-by-step requirements for the on the Graduate School Admissions page.
Upload and attach all required documents
- Two letters of recommendation. Once you have submitted names and emails for recommendation, recommendation requests are automatically generated.
- A two-page personal statement describing your background and why getting an MBA would enhance your career/professional goals.
- A copy of your resume.
If your application has been submitted without attachments, these items may be emailed to Nha Lam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit official transcripts*
Send one copy of official transcripts from all college-level course work to:
Graduate School (Mail Stop 0326)
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, Nevada, 89557
*University of Nevada, Reno graduates do not need to submit a transcript.
Complete and submit GMAT/GRE scores
- Complete the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit official scores to the Graduate School. The school code is 4844.
Students are expected to complete a great deal of reading and writing in the program. A strong command of the English language is critical for their success. International candidates must have strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken.
As an international student, you must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL, or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For TOEFL, you must score 550 or above on the paper-based test or 79 or above on the internet-based TOEFL.
- For IELTS, you must have a score of 6.5 or above.
- The TOEFL or IELTS is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.
For questions about the on-campus MBA application, please email Nha Lam, MBA Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.