Guided by expert faculty, the online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program at the University of Nevada, Reno can help you tap into the power of big data to drive smarter decisions. As featured in the Record-Courier, you will cultivate a robust, in-depth understanding of AI and other cutting-edge technologies, contributing to the definition of the future of business.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) prepares students to launch a career exploring and analyzing data to identify, understand and answer questions that are critical to organizations.
Applications are accepted year-round.
Depending on the curriculum track, the tuition for the online Master of Science in Business Analytics is $29,900*.
*Not including student fees
Online MSBA admissions requirements
To enroll in the online business analytics master's program, applicants must have completed a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and meet minimum GPA requirements.
- GPA. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 during their last two years of undergraduate study.
- Prerequisite courses. Applicants must complete an undergraduate course in statistics and Introduction to Information Systems (includes Microsoft Office and Excel).
- International applicants. Applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements. International applicants must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo. Minimum score requirements include the following.
- TOEFL*: 550 (paper) or 79 (internet)
- IELTS: 6.5 (academic version)
- Duolingo: 105
*The TOEFL score requirement is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.
What to submit in your application?
The following materials must be submitted in order to apply for the program:
- Completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (one page)
- Transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
Application deadlines are July 27 (fall start), January 1 (spring start) and April 6 (summer start).
We’ve structured the curriculum so you start the online master’s program in business analytics with a preparatory bootcamp prior to starting with your courses. A 30 credit hour program, the master's degree requires students to complete ten (10) classes.
What is the Bootcamp?
Incoming students are required to complete a non-credit Bootcamp. The Bootcamp consists of three weeks of self-paced exercises, and includes a foundational understanding of open-source programming languages that includes R and Python. The Bootcamp allows students from diverse educational backgrounds — or those with previous coursework — to position themselves for success not only in the program, but also in the growing field of business analytics.