The Graduate School Requires the Following Information for Admission:
- Complete an Online Application Form with the required fee.
Please note that you cannot use your existing MyNevada account or NetID to access the Apply Nevada site. You will need to create an Apply Nevada account in order to access the site and submit applications to the University. The "already have account" section is used once you have created an account and started an application or applied to a program.
- One copy of Official Transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (starting spring 2012). Exceptions to this requirement are granted if the applicant has completed an accredited graduate degree (Master's, Ph.D.) or professional degree (JD, MD, DVM, etc.), or has an active CPA license (documentation must be submitted with your application).
- Two letters of recommendation. You can choose to have a hard copy of the letter of recommendation sent to the graduate school or you can provide an email address on the online application for each of the individuals you wish to have submit a letter of recommendation electronically.
- International candidates must have strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken. As an international student, you must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL, or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). For TOEFL, you must score 550 or above on the paper-based test or 79 or above on the internet-based TOEFL. For IELTS, you must have a score of 6.5 or above. Students are expected to complete a great deal of reading and writing in the program. A strong command of the English language is critical for their success. The TOEFL is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.
- A copy of your immunization record (this is a state law). All applicants must have proof of having a Diphtheria/Tetanus (DT) shot (within the last 10 years). Applicants born in 1957 or later must also have proof of a minimum of two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine.
- A residency application must also be completed in order to have your residency status determined for tuition purposes. The residency application is located on Academic Central along with information regarding what documents are required to establish Nevada resident status.
Mail the above materials to:
Graduate School (Mail Stop 0326)
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, Nevada, 89557
The College of Business MBA Office also requires the following information:
- a copy of your resume
- a two or three-page personal statement describing your background and why getting an MBA would enhance your career/professional goals.
Mail materials to:
Vicki Krentz (Mail Stop 0024)
College of Business
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557