On-campus MBA Application Checklist
The Graduate School and the MBA program requires the following information for admission:
Graduate School requirements
Please review the step-by-step requirements for the Graduate School on the admissions page.
- Complete an online application form with the required fee.
You will need to create an account via the application portal and submit your application(s) to the University.
- One copy of official transcripts of all college-level course work. University of Nevada, Reno graduates do not need to submit a transcript.
Mail Official Transcripts to:
Graduate School (Mail Stop 0326)
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, Nevada, 89557
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Exceptions are only granted if the applicant has completed one of the following:
- An accredited graduate degree (Master's, Ph.D.)
- A professional degree (JD, MD, DVM, etc.)
- An active CPA, CFP, CMA, or PE license.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide an email address on the online application for each of the individuals you wish to have submit a letter of recommendation electronically.
- International candidates must have strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken. As an international student, you must submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL, or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). For TOEFL, you must score 550 or above on the paper-based test or 79 or above on the internet-based TOEFL. For IELTS, you must have a score of 6.5 or above. Students are expected to complete a great deal of reading and writing in the program. A strong command of the English language is critical for their success. The TOEFL is waived for students who have completed degree programs conducted in English in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia or New Zealand.
- A copy of your immunization record (required by state law). All applicants must have proof of having a Diphtheria/Tetanus (DT) shot (within the last 10 years). Applicants born in 1957 or later must also have proof of a minimum of two doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine.
- A copy of your resume
- A two-page statement of purpose describing your background and why getting an MBA would enhance your career/professional goals.
For questions about the on-campus MBA application, please email Nha Lam, MBA Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.