Jessica Rixom, Ph.D. is an assistant professor in the University’s Marketing department. Her areas of interest include the effect of external factors on product perceptions and attitudes, ethical decision-making and policy, branding, and financial considerations/decision-making. Her published research has appeared in journals including: Journal of Consumer Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Accounting, Organizations and Society, Journal of Business Ethics, Accounting and the Public Interest.
Professor Rixom currently teaches international marketing and advanced marketing management. Courses previously taught include consumer behavior, brand management, and advertising and persuasion. Teaching awards presented to Professor Rixom at the University of Nevada, Reno include the Bill Parish Teaching Award and the College of Business Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Ph.D., Marketing
- The University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business
- M.M.R., Master of Marketing Research
- The University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies
- B.B.A., Advertising and Promotion
- Western Michigan University, Haworth College of Business
- B.A.S., Organizational Communication
- Western Michigan University, School of Communication
- Study Abroad, Oxford Brookes University, England, through Butler University
- Rixom, J.M., Jackson, M., and Rixom, B.A. (2022). Mandating Diversity on the Board of Directors: Do Investors Feel that Gender Quotas Result in Tokenism or Added Value for Firms? Journal of Business Ethics.
- Curtis, M., Hunt N., and Rixom, J.M., (2022). Financial Priming, Psychological Distance, and Recognizing Financial Misreporting as an Ethical Issue: The Role of Financial Reporting Responsibility. Accounting, Organizations and Society.
- Rixom, B.A., Pippin, S., Wong, J., and Rixom, J.M. (2021). The Importance of Public Perceptions of the Ability of Government and Certified Public Accounting Firms to Manage and Monitor Relief Packages. Accounting and the Public Interest.
- Rixom, J.M., Mas, E., and Rixom, B.A. (2020). Presentation Matters: The Effect of Wrapping Neatness on Gift Attitudes. Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- According to Altmetric:
- The #1 rated paper published in the Journal of Consumer Psychology
- Rated in the top 1% in over 20 million research outputs tracked
- According to Altmetric:
- Rixom, J.M. and Mishra H. (2014). Ethical Ends: The Effect of an Abstract Mindset in Linked Ethical Decisions. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Mishra, H., Mishra, A., Rixom, J.M., and Chatterjee, P. (2013). "Influence of Motivated Reasoning on Saving and Spending Decisions. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.