Arash Barfar is an Associate Professor of Information Systems in the College of Business at University of Nevada, Reno. His research focuses on designing data-driven algorithms for social good and has appeared in journals like Decision Support Systems (twice), Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, Expert Systems with Applications (twice), Big Data (twice), and Computers in Human Behavior. He has created and taught undergraduate and graduate courses in machine learning and data science. Dr. Barfar received a Ph.D. in Information Systems from University of South Florida.
Notable Awards and Honors
- Graduate Faculty of the Year (Information Systems), 2023
- Graduate Faculty of the Year (Information Systems), 2020
- College of Business Faculty of the Year, 2017
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2017
- Graduate Faculty of the Year (Information Systems), 2017
- Students’ List of Instructors with Greatest Impact, USF, 2015