Associate Professor of Marketing
- Rixom, Jessica and Himanshu Mishra (2014), "Ethical Ends: The Effect of an Abstract Mindset in Linked Ethical Decisions." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 124 (2): 110-121.
- Mishra, Himanshu, Arul Mishra, Jessica Rixom, and Promothesh Chatterjee (2013), "Influence of Motivated Reasoning on Saving and Spending Decisions." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 121 (1): 13-23.
- "Trait Transference: Inferring Product Traits from Environmentally Conscious Packaging," San Lois Obispo, CA, Marketing & Public Policy Conference, June 2016 (with Debra L. Scammon in a competitive paper session).
- "Identity Overlap: Transferring Eco-Friendliness from Packages to Products," Atlanta, GA, Marketing & Public Policy Conference, June 2012 (with Debra L. Scammon in a working paper session).
- "The Robin Hood Effect: When High-Level Construals Lead to Immoral Behaviors for the Greater Good," St. Lois, MO, Association for Consumer Research Conference, October 2011 (with Himanshu Mishra in a competitive paper session).
- "The Robin Hood Effect: When High-Level Construals Lead to Immoral Behaviors for the Greater Good," St. Louis, MO, Society for Judgment and Decision Making Conference, November 2010 (with Himanshu Mishra in a competitive paper session).
- "One or Many: How number of accounts facilitates spending or saving behavior," Boulder, CO, Boulder Summer Conference on Consumer Financial Decision Making, June 2010 (with Himanshu Mishra and Arul Mishra in a competitive paper session).
- University of Nevada, Reno, College of Business
- International Marketing (MAR 456/656)
- Advanced Marketing Management (MAR 495)
- Previous Courses Taught
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Advertising and Persuasion
- Johnson & Johnson (Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical), Market Research Manager
- NOP World (now part of GFK Group), Oxford, England, Market Research Interviewer
- Ph.D., Marketing
- The University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business
- M.M.R., Master of Marketing Research
- The University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies
- B.B.A., Advertising and Promotion
- Western Michigan University, Haworth College of Business
- B.A.S., Organizational Communication
- Western Michigan University, School of Communication
- Study Abroad, Oxford Brookes University, England, through Butler University
- Doctoral Student Teaching Excellence Award, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah
- Ph.D. Student Teaching Award, Department of Marketing, David Eccles School of Business
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical InNERVEation Award
- Johnson & Johnson Encore Award
- Coca-Cola Foundation Scholar