Dr. Perera's research broadly focuses on Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Healthcare Operations Management, Financial Engineering, interfaces between Operations and the other functional areas in business. Dr. Perera has worked collaboratively with hospitals, blood banks, pharmaceutical companies, and retailers for his research and his work has appeared in journals such as Production and Operations Management, Annals of Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics, European Journal of Operational Research, Operations Research Letters, Annals of Finance and Journal of the Operational Research Society. Before joining UNR, Dr. Perera was affiliated with the Flint School of Management (SOM) and the Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS) at the University of Michigan. He has received multiple research awards and grants including the Financial Services Section Best Research Paper Award (Second Place) from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) and the Outstanding Faculty Award for Research from the SOM. He currently serves on the editorial review board of the Production and Operations Management Journal.
Dr. Perera has more than 15 years of teaching experience that spans over six different universities in three different countries. He has received several Golden Apple Awards for teaching excellence from the SOM at Michigan. He currently teaches courses on Global Supply Chain and Distribution Channel Management, Pricing, Revenue, and Predictive Analytics. He is also an active member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) and Decision Sciences Institute (DSI). Dr. Perera has chaired research tracks/clusters of several international conferences including the annual conference of the DSI and the international meeting of the INFORMS.
- Ph.D., Operations Management, Jindal School of Management - The University of Texas at Dallas, 2015
- MBA, Jindal School of Management - The University of Texas at Dallas, 2014
- M.S., Supply Chain Management, Jindal School of Management - The University of Texas at Dallas, 2012
- Ph.D. level courses in Finance and Economics, University of Zurich - Switzerland, 2009-2010
- Ph.D., Financial Mathematics, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science - Florida Atlantic University, 2009
- M.S., Mathematics, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science - Florida Atlantic University, 2008
- M.S., Statistics and Applied Mathematics, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science - Florida Atlantic University, 2007
- B.S., Finance, Business and Computational Mathematics, University of Colombo - Sri Lanka, 2004