Dr. Hanna received her Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign before joining the Management faculty at UNR. She studies individual differences in traits such as interests and personality and how those differences predict educational and career choices. She also studies how people's interests and personality fit with their educational and work environments, how that fit develops over time, and how changes in fit impact factors such as job satisfaction and career success. In addition, Dr. Hanna's newest line of research focuses on how recruitment and selection practices can impact P-E fit and gender gaps in certain career areas. Underlying these research areas, Dr. Hanna employs a variety of research methods, including structural equation modeling, longitudinal modeling, and meta-analysis.
- Individual differences: vocational interests, personality
- Career choices and career success
- Person-environment fit and changes in fit across time
- Recruitment and selection
- Hanna, A., Briley, D., Einarsdóttir, S., Hoff, K., & Rounds, J. (2021). Fit gets better: A longitudinal study of changes in interest fit in educational and work environments. European Journal of Personality.
- Hoff, K.A., Chu, C., Einarsdóttir, S., Briley, D.A., Hanna, A. and Rounds, J. (2021), Adolescent vocational interests predict early career success: Two 12-year longitudinal studies. Applied Psychology.
- Hanna, A., & Rounds, J. (2020). How accurate are interest inventories? A quantitative review of career choice hit rates. Psychological Bulletin, 146(9), 765–796.
- Hanna A., Gregory C., Lewis P.M., Rounds J. (2019) International Career Assessment Using the Occupational Information Network (O*NET). In: Athanasou J., Perera H. (Eds.) International Handbook of Career Guidance. Springer, Cham.
BUS 709: Advanced Research Methods in Management
MGT 486: Seminar in Quantitative Management Systems
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2020
- MS in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- BA in Psychology and Math, Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN, 2015