Dr. Halford is an associate professor of finance at the University of Nevada, Reno. Prior to obtaining his PhD from the University of Utah he worked in investment banking, primarily in the area of mergers and acquisitions. He also has experience working in venture capital. Dr. Halford has published in multiple academic journals such as the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and the Journal of Corporate Finance. His research has also been presented at major academic conferences and cited in the popular press including The New York Times, Bloomberg, and CNBC.
- Corporate Finance
- Alderson, M.J., Betker, B.L. and Halford, J.T., 2021. Fictitious dividend cuts in the CRSP data. Journal of Corporate Finance, 71.
- Halford, J.T., McConnell, J.J., Sibilkov, V. and Zaiats, N., 2020. Existing methods provide unreliable estimates of the marginal value of cash. Critical Review of Finance forthcoming.
- Chen, Y.W., Halford, J.T., Hsu, H.C.S. and Lin, C.B., 2020. Personal Bankruptcy Laws and Corporate Policies. Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis, 55.
- Financial Management (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Empirical Methods in Corporate Finance (PhD)
- Ph.D., Business Administration - Finance, University of Utah, 2013
- B.S., Finance, University of Utah, 2005