Teacher Education Practicum
Instructions for Clinical Experiences
- Follow the link to Washoe County Schools Volunteer page
- Read the Volunteers Procedure Manual located on the forms page
- If the form does not work in one browser, try another browser (Chrome is preferred)
Instructions for students
You need to only fill out ONE form a school year. Do NOT fill one out for each practicum class that you are in.
- Scan and print a copy of your government ID (ex: driver's license or passport) and attach to printed online form. Image must be at least the same size as the item being scanned or larger. Scanners are located in Learning Resource Center on the first floor.
- Complete the practicum form online and print a copy: Practicum form
- Staple your scanned or photocopied color ID to the front of the printed form. Sign/date your form and bring in person to Washoe County School District Volunteer Services Office. Please note: Even if you are employed at Washoe County, you have to still fill one out because you are not going in as a WCSD employee but as a University of Nevada, Reno student.
If course instructors or GAs are going to be at the school too, they must complete the same ID scanning procedures as students.
Scanning is good for one school calendar year. (Fall through Spring)
Deadline: ID scanning forms are due on Friday of the second week of fall and spring semesters. It is not necessary to have a placement first. ID scanning is a separate process and needs to be completed within the first two weeks of each semester. Please note: WCSD reserves the right to refuse school access to late submissions.