Programs and Services

Campus Centered Program

CFRC child care is available for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Nevada, Reno. To qualify for CFRC services, students must be enrolled in at least six credits with a degree program, and faculty and classified staff must work at least .50 FTE. Final decisions on enrollment will reflect the CFRC's commitment to serve children of diverse backgrounds and to maintain a balance of boys and girls. Preference is given to returning families and siblings.

For inquiries regarding Campus Centered Preschool, please contact Maria at 775-502-7643 or email


There is a $50.00 registration fee. Tuition is calculated on a sliding fee scale based on annual household income and the age group of the child.

Infant/Toddler Program

The infant/toddler program provides care for children from birth to age three. Close relationships are built with each child through the care giving routines. In order to help children feel secure in their world, primary caregivers are consistent, following a group of children from birth through age two.

Preschool Program

The preschool program services children ages 3-5 years. The curriculum is developed based on the interest of the children. The hands on activities encourage the children to be actively involved in the learning process.

Early Head Start

UNR Early Head Start is a comprehensive child development program serving low income families with children birth to age 3 and pregnant women. Both center based and home based programs are available.

Special Milk Program

The Child & Family Research Center is a participant in the Special Milk Program. Milk is provided daily to all children at no additional fee.

Child Care Access Means Parents in School grant

The CCAMPIS is designed to support student parents with children enrolled in the CFRC. Learn more and see the specific requirements on the CCAMPIS webpage.

Important Notice

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write:
USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call:
(800) 795-3272 or (202)720-6372 (TTY).