College of Education
Inspiring learners through collaboration and innovation
The College of Education is a recognized leader in guiding, shaping, and mentoring high-performing education professionals who will go forth with a lifelong love of learning and with the skills essential for thriving in a global, knowledge-based economy. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive learning community that works to promote education across disciplines for everyone, locally, nationally and around the globe.
The University of Nevada, Reno is recognized by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as an R1 institution, which is reserved for doctoral universities with the highest levels of research activity.
Are you ready to make a difference?
News & Events
- Do you want to teach abroad? Check out EDRL 479/679
- Doctoral Special Education Research Internship Presentations
- Study Abroad in 2018 with College of Education Professors
- NNELI: Investing in paraprofessionals is time and money well-spent to benefit ELs [WCSD]
- Leveraging K-12 partnerships to access data [DFI]
- University partners with school district on collaborative principal preparation program
Open Dean Position
We seek a dynamic, high-energy, visionary leader for the College of Education in Nevada's oldest institution of higher education and the state's land-grant leader in teaching, research and statewide outreach. With 1,100 undergraduate majors, 640 graduate students, 54 academic faculty, 39 administrative faculty, and 62 staff members, the college's programs encompass a broad range of educational subjects and levels. This position reports to the Executive Vice President & Provost and works collaboratively with all of the other deans on campus.