Raggio Research Center
Welcome to the website for the Raggio Research Center for STEM Education. The purpose of the Raggio Research Center is to promote a better understanding of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines by providing quality programs focused in, among other areas, outreach and research.
The Raggio Research Center for STEM Education advances the theory and practice of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education through collaborative research, development, instruction, dissemination, leadership and outreach.
Our goals include the following:
- Conduct cutting-edge research on STEM education at the highest level on questions of state and national importance as applied to Nevada's needs.
- Recruit and promote STEM education opportunities for all students at all levels in formal and informal educational settings.
- Actively promote STEM education opportunities for traditionally underrepresented populations as specified by the Next Generation Science Standards as: Economically Disadvantaged, Race and Ethnicity, Students with Disabilities, English Language Learners, Girls/Women, Alternative Education, and Gifted and Talented students.
- Conduct professional development for better-integrated STEM teaching PK-20.
- Form interdisciplinary research teams of STEM content including university faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students together with teachers to develop, deliver and assess/evaluate programs and activities.
- Serve as an interdisciplinary education center to develop research-rich experiences for pre-service and in-service teachers to deepen and enhance STEM concepts and pedagogy.
- Develop outreach activities and programs for students of all ages to support knowledge acquisition in the STEM disciplines.
- Disseminate standards-based and scientifically supported research and information on STEM education.
Faculty & Staff:
Accounting Assistant III
NNELI Technology and Paraprofessional Coordinator
Administrative Assistant III