Apply to the University of Nevada, Reno

Apply today to help us power the next generation of knowledge-building, exploration, innovation and discovery. Learn more about how to apply as an undergraduate, graduate or School of Medicine candidate below.


Apply as an undergraduate student

Use the following steps to submit an application for admission as a first-year freshman, transfer student, international undergraduate student, non-degree student, certificate-seeking student, second bachelor's student and for graduate special admission.

  • STEP ONE: Create an online application account

    Here, you will use our application portal to create your application account. After entering your first and last name, email address and birthdate, you will receive an automatic email with a temporary registration PIN. After receiving your PIN, you'll complete the registration process that allows you to access your online application for admission.

    Create your application account

  • STEP TWO: Complete and submit your online application for admission

    Next, you'll be guided through your online application specific to your student type, including the following:

    • New first-year students
    • Transfer students
    • International undergraduate students
    • Nondegree students
    • 2nd bachelor's degree students
    • Certificate students
    • Graduate special students

    *Returning students must complete a returning student application for readmission to the University.

    After you've completed the application, you can finalize, certify and submit your application for admission.

  • STEP THREE: Pay your application fee

    You must pay a $60 non-refundable application fee ($95 for international student applicants) as you complete your online application. The application fee is only valid during the semester in which you apply and cannot be deferred or transferred to another semester.

Already started an undergraduate application for admission?

Need more information?

Interested in learning more about becoming an undergraduate student at the University of Nevada, Reno? Want to know about our majors, residential halls or life in general at the University? Provide us with your basic contact information and areas of academic interest, and we will keep you up to date on what the University has to offer, admission deadlines and recruitment events in your area.

Need help?

We’d love to answer any questions you have about our application process, financial assistance or life at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Hours: Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5 p.m. PST
Phone: (866) 263-8232


Apply to The Graduate School

The University of Nevada, Reno ranks among the top national universities in research and development. Are you ready to work alongside with nationally and internationally known researchers and faculty? Apply to The Graduate School today.

Apply to the Graduate School

Apply as grad special


Apply to the School of Medicine

Making the decision to apply to medical school can be a time fraught with excitement and anxiety. However, we are here to help you achieve your goal of becoming a physician. Our admission staff at the School of Medicine is dedicated to ensuring you receive assistance during every step of the process.

Non-discrimination statement

NSHE and the University of Nevada, Reno, are committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age (40 or older), disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, color, or religion (protected classes).

The University of Nevada, Reno does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any education program or activity that it operates. Non-discrimination on the basis of sex is mandated by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 et seq.) and the corresponding implementation regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 106). The University’s commitment to nondiscrimination in its education programs and activities extends to applicants for admission and employment.

Inquiries concerning the application of these provisions may be referred to (or to both):

Maria Doucettperry, J.D.
Title IX Coordinator

University of Nevada, Reno
1664 North Virginia Street
Continuing Education Building
Room 206
M/S 158

Telephone: (775) 784-1547

The Assistant Secretary of the United States Department of Education

U.S. Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-1100

Telephone: (800) 421-3481
Fax: (202) 453-6012
TDD: (800) 887-8339

Information pertaining to the University’s grievance procedures and grievance process, including how to report or file a complaint of sex discrimination, how to report or file a formal complaint of sexual harassment, and how the University will respond can be found on the Equal Opportunity and Title IX website.