Welcome back to the University!

We're excited that you're considering finishing your academic program with us. Learn more about how to apply for admission as a returning student below.

Returning student overview

If you are a student who has previously attended the University of Nevada, Reno but have had a lapse in enrollment, you must complete the Returning Student Application to be considered for reactivation. A lapse in enrollment occurs when a student has not enrolled and/or attended classes for one semester or more (not including summer session).

If you have never completed a class at the University (i.e. earned a grade), or you have already graduated from the University and never began a new program, you may not use this application. Instead, you must complete a traditional application for admission into your desired program.

Re-Activation is not guaranteed. The Office of Admissions & Records may request additional documentation in order to make an admissions decision. If approved, you will be readmitted into the last program of study on file. If you want to change programs, you will need to meet with an advisor to request a change of major after reactivation.

Return from leave of absence. If you have been on an approved leave of absence, you are not required to submit a Returning Student Application unless you are coming back at least one semester after the term you originally indicated for your return.

Return from dismissal. If you were previously dismissed from the University, you must submit a Request for Release from University Dismissal, not a Returning Student Application. If you are not eligible to return via the Request for Release from University Dismissal, you may fill out a Request to Change to Non-Degree Seeking After Dismissal.

Returning student application fee. Returning students will be charged a non-refundable returning student application fee of $60.00 if their application is approved. This fee will be included in your semester bill with the remainder of your tuition and fees, which will be due the Friday before the semester begins. This fee is eligible to be covered by financial aid if you apply and are qualified. This fee is mandatory even if you decide not to enroll once you are reactivated into your program.

Non-enrollment after reactivation will result in your account being discontinued and you will have to submit a new Returning Student Application if you wish to attend the University (which will incur a new $60 fee, if approved).

Immunization records. Nevada state law requires that all students submit documentation of the following immunizations in order to enroll:

  • 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), the first of which must have been administered on or after your first birthday
  • 1 dose of tetanus/diphtheria (TD) administered within the last 10 years

If you previously submitted these immunizations, we may still have them on file, though your TD vaccination may have expired since you last attended. Any missing/expired vaccinations will be listed in your MyNEVADA account.

Other university/college attendance. If you have attended any other institution since your last attendance at the University of Nevada, Reno, you will need to submit an official transcript to the Office of Admissions and Records from all institutions attended.

The University of Nevada, Reno accepts electronic transcripts from other institutions via third-party transcript services, or hard copy transcripts in a sealed school envelope, which can be mailed to:

University of Nevada, Reno
Admissions & Records
MS 0120
Reno, NV 89557-0120

Application deadline. The Returning Student Application must be submitted by the last business day prior to the beginning of the semester you wish to attend.

Returning student application

If you're ready to apply as a returning student, use the form below to submit your application.