Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

A smart, affordable investment

An education at the University of Nevada, Reno prepares you for personal and professional opportunities. Let us help you.

Latest updates

CARES Act student funds

As part of the federal government’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the University has been approved for a one-time, limited allocation of funds designed to assist degree seeking students in need because of the COVID-19 pandemic and its disruption of campus operations.

Learn more about eligibility, how much funding is available and how to apply for funding.

COVID-19 S/U grading policy

Before deciding whether to change one or more of their Spring 2020 courses to be graded on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis, students should consider potential implications on GPA, financial aid and graduation.

Read the policy to learn more.

Paying for college

There are several sources of financial aid to help students pay for their college education. This aid can come from the federal and state governments, the University, private sources and more. Learn more about financial aid options below.


Grants are a form of financial aid from the federal government you typically don't have to repay, such as the Pell Grant.


Scholarships are a form of financial aid you don't have to repay and come from multiple sources, including the University and private organizations.


Student loans come from the federal government and private sources and is money you borrow and have to repay with interest.


Federal Work-Study is a program that allows students to earn money by working part-time on-campus and in other settings.

Have questions? Need assistance?

Contact us at:

Phone: (775) 784-4666