Curious about teaching?
Earn your dual degree in secondary education and one of many STEM majors. Graduating from NevadaTeach at the University of Nevada, Reno provides you with all of the coursework to pursue a teaching license at the middle of high school level, while earning a comprehensive and marketable degree in your STEM discipline. Open the door to a world of career options while helping to improve education in Nevada.
Benefits of NevadaTeach
- Earn your degree and complete the coursework required for teacher certification in 4 years
- More career options after graduation
- Direct access to experienced Master Teachers of science and mathematics
- Actual teaching experiences that begin the first semester of your freshman year
- Find out early if teaching is right for you
- Pass on your enthusiasm and knowledge of science and mathematics to the next generation!
A degree in Secondary Education and:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Mathematics (B.S. or B.A.)
Don't see your desired major? You can minor in NevadaTeach too!
Ready to give teaching a try?
Enroll in NVTC 101 and find out what it's all about. The very first course puts you and a partner in a real classroom so you can experience first-hand what it's like to be a teacher. As a thank you for trying out teaching, you will receive a tuition reimbursement* upon passing NVTC 101.
Student-made promo video!
Already an educator?
*Tuition reimbursement equal to the current in-state tuition cost for one credit hour. Student must pass NVTC 101 with a C or better to receive reimbursement.