The Art Room
The Art Rooms a self-use facility that offers students, faculty, and teachers a full complement of equipment for producing education materials. There is no charge for use of the equipment in the Art Room, just for the materials used. The Art Room is for materials that patrons make themselves, whereas the Media Library provides educational materials that are already made.
The Art Room Facilities
Some of the equipment and supplies in the Art Room include:
- Color printer
- Poster Printer for posters & banners
- Ellison Lettering Machine & a variety of lettering and symbols
- Paper cutters, paper folding machine
- Poster boards, 3-panel display boards, foam core
- Construction paper, astrobrite paper, bulletin board paper, and card stock
- Comb binding machine with combs & covers available
- Various mounting techniques: spray mount, glue guns, Velcro
- Opaque projector
The use of the LRC equipment purchased by generous sponsors is free and is open for current University of Nevada, Reno students, faculty, staff, and current WCSD teachers, librarians, counselors, and local teachers outside of WCSD. The only charge is for materials used. Patrons will find a Learning & Resource Center Charge Sheet on the door to the Art Room to keep track of materials and they can then pay at the front desk. Any current University of Nevada, Reno student, faculty, staff can use the computers in the lab with their username and password.