Taking a quiz using Respondus in WebCampus
Installing LockDown Browser
You will need to install and use LockDown Browser in order to take any exam that requires its use.
To begin the installation, please go to the Respondus LockDown Browser Installation page. Click on the Install Now button, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the install.
Once you have installed LockDown Browser, you will need to close out of the web browser you were using, and open the LockDown Browser in order to access your test.
Note: This information is for only for quizzes in WebCampus. If you are using Pearson MyLab, please visit the Taking a quiz/exam using LockDown Browser in Pearson MyLab page.
Beginning a quiz using LockDown Browser
Step 1: Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
Step 2: Locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. (For Mac users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
Step 3: If prompted, either close a blocked program (e.g., screen capture, instant messaging) by choosing Yes or close LockDown Browser and close the blocked program before restarting.
Step 4: Log into WebCampus.
Step 5: Navigate to the quiz within the course and begin the quiz.
Note: Once a quiz has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the quiz has been submitted for grading.
Taking a quiz using Respondus Monitor
You may be required to use LockDown Browser with Respondus Monitor, which will record you during an online exam.
If an exam requires the use of both Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor, you will need the following items:
- A webcam and a microphone connected to your computer or device. Please see this resource on webcam alternatives.
- Your WolfCard or a government-issued photo ID for the identity check.
- A strong Internet connection.
If a quiz requires LockDown Browser and Monitor, follow the steps in the Beginning a Quiz using LockDown Browser section (above). At this point, the Startup Sequence for Monitor begins.
- The Webcam Check will then confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly.
- The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on the settings chosen by your instructor.
- Follow the instructions and note your progress along the left side of the screen.
- If you encounter a problem, select the it’s not working link for troubleshooting tips and access to 24/7 Live Chat Help.
The quiz will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete.