- Open to all first-year students majoring in Elementary or Secondary Education programs, or Human Development and Family Studies. Residents involved in the community take the first-year seminar for education students (EDU 110) and are also eligible to participate in LLC-specific math and English sections with other LLC students. Additionally, students will have personalized advising sessions in a designated area of the LLC.
- By the end of the academic year, students in the Education LLC will:
- Be able to identify and explain their choice of major within the College of Education as well as articulate the expectations regarding the licensure or certification process, important timelines, and required courses
- Be able to identify and become an active participant in one of the professional organizations within the College of Education
- Be able to identify the various opportunities within the field of education available to educators through endorsements
- Be able to identify community resources available for service-oriented positions