Chapter 6 – Living On Campus

Residence hall living is based on community effort, mutual respect, and consideration of others. Residents are viewed as adults who are responsible for their actions. Regulations are not designed to control behavior as each individual has the sole capacity for controlling his/her own behavior.  Regulations do lay out, however, the parameters of acceptable behavior in and around the residence halls. People who choose to engage in unacceptable behavior must be willing to accept that they are responsible for the consequences of doing so. As a resident, you are expected to abide by the following regulations, as well as all other university policies and federal, state, and local laws. 

While every effort is made to keep this information current, the Department of Residential Life, Housing and Food Service reserves the right to change or update this handbook, modify policies, or otherwise adjust content of this document as needed or required to fulfill the mission of the department. For the most current version of this document, department policies, standards of conduct, or other information please refer to the departmental website.

Residence Hall policies are applicable under University of Nevada Student Conduct Regulations and Policies, and apply to property owned or controlled by the university including those areas in and around the residence halls.