Located in each residence hall are washers and dryers available for the convenient use of our residents. There is no charge for using these machines, nor do students have to use a mobile application. Please review the instructions in each laundry room on how to use the equipment.
Students will be able to download the "WASH-Connect" app (signage in laundry rooms have more information) in order to:
- View the availability of machines from anywhere in the residence hall
- Receive real-time notifications and alerts when laundry is done
- Submit service requests if something is wrong with a machine
All residence halls have been retrofitted with robust WiFi. This internet access is a part of the campus system and available to each student at no additional cost. While this wireless internet is ideal for most college purposes, we recommend using your in-room wired ethernet connection for other high-bandwidth functions.
All campus network usage policies apply and bandwidth may be restricted. Make sure to read the policies covering the use of the residence hall network and we encourage students to read and know these policies prior to connecting to the network. You can learn more about the residence hall network from the Office of Information Technology.
Most of the major cellular service companies (e.g. AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) provide service on-campus. However, signal strength varies depending on cell tower location and building construction. We recommend activating WiFi calling on your smartphone to enable sending and receiving calls over the campus wireless network when in buildings with poor signal strength. For more details please visit the information page for each of the cellular providers listed below:
Mail and packages
The U.S. Postal Service does not deliver to the residence halls. Located on campus is a United States Post Office where students may rent a post office box by contacting (775) 348-2090.
Deliveries by major carriers such as UPS, FedEx, Amazon, OnTrac and DHL may be sent to the residence halls. Please use the residence hall address listed below when sending packages.
Example resident address:
Great Basin Hall
1250 N. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89503
- Other deliveries such as Doordash, Instacart, Insomnia Cookies, groceries or any other items not delivered by a major carrier will not be accepted by the residence hall's front desk. Residents need to work with the vendor to be present when the item is delivered.
- Packages will NOT be accepted until the day prior to official move-in day of the semester. Any packages received before this time will be returned to sender.