Important housing application details
The License Agreement encompasses the entire academic year.
- For the best chance of being assigned to the hall of your choice or with a requested roommate you need to apply by February 1
- Applications received after February 1 will be assigned to halls on a space available basis.
- A wait list may be started any date after February 1 due to high demand for on-campus living.
- If you are interested in living in a Living Learning Community, you must also complete a Living Learning Community application
Housing assignment philosophy
In general, assignments are made in the order in which their applications and initial payment/security deposit are received. We try our best to accommodate roommate and building preferences, with the understanding that the earlier you apply, the more likely we can accommodate one or both preferences. Roommate preference requests supersede building preferences requests.
February 1 is the priority cut-off date. This means the following:
- If you apply by this date and don’t have a roommate preference, we guarantee you an assignment in one of your top three building preferences (must have three separate preferences)
- If you and a preferred roommate applied by this date, we guarantee the two of you will receive an assignment in one of your top three building preferences (must have three separate preferences)