Whether you are joining us for the first time or you are returning to the residence halls, we ask that you become familiar with the process for move-in, as it may look different year to year. For this year, based on feedback from students, their families, and based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the Washoe County Health District, we will implement the following process for move-in in order to:
- Allow for appropriate social distancing
- Increase student access to temporarily check out laundry carts and hand trucks to support moving
- Accommodate the ability to have volunteers to help students move in
- Provide for ease of access to elevators, stairwells, unloading zones, etc
- Create more intentional relationships by community/floor which fosters a stronger sense of belonging
Sophomore and above students NOT participating in TransferFIT
This move-in experience is for students who identify as sophomore and above, or upper division students, who are not participating in NevadaFIT or TransferFIT. More than likely, these students lived on campus last year and are returning to live on campus again; or they are new to campus and not participating in either NevadaFIT or TransferFIT.
If you identify in this category as a returning student, please check-in at your residence hall on Friday, August 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. While you are welcome to check-in after this time, please know there will several activities occurring around campus in which you can participate, connect with friends and meet others, and get this academic year off to a great start. Canada Hall is our only residence hall specifically for sophomore and above/upper division students, so move in for this building is Friday, August 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Incoming first-year NevadaFIT students and TransferFIT students
This move-in experience is for students who are new to the university, this year will be the first time they have lived on campus, and/or any student participating in NevadaFIT or TransferFIT (residents living in the Transfer LLC or live elsewhere on campus and are opting into TransferFIT).
Please log in to your Housing Portal and verify your housing assignment. You will need your building and room number. Based on your housing assignment, your move-in date and time is listed below:
Thursday, August 12, 8 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floors 4-5
- Nevada LLC: Floor 2
- HonorsFIT (all halls)
Thursday, August 12, 9:30 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 2
- Nevada LLC: Floor 3
- First in the Pack (all halls)
- TRiO (all halls)
- NevadaFIT Mentors (all halls)
Thursday, August 12, 11 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 3
- Nevada LLC: Floor 4
- Upward Bound (all halls)
- Gear Up (all halls)
- DRC Bridge to FIT (all halls)
- Deans Future Scholars (all halls)
Thursday, August 12, 1 p.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 1
- Nevada LLC: Floor 5
Friday, August 13, 8 a.m.
- Canyon Flats: 205A-242D
- Canyon Flats: 502A-537B
- Juniper Hall: Floor 2
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 3
- Nye Hall: Floor 1
- Nye Hall: Floor 5
- Peavine Hall: Floor 5
- Sierra Hall: Floor 3
- Uncommon: Floor 3
Friday, August 13, 9:30 a.m.
- Canada Hall: Suites 51-54 (TransferFit)
- Canyon Flats: 302A-337B
- Juniper Hall: Floor 3
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 1
- Nye Hall: Floor 2
- Peavine Hall: Floor 1
- Sierra Hall: Floor 7
- Uncommon: Floor 7
Friday, August 13, 11 a.m.
- Canyon Flats: 402A-435D
- Juniper Hall: Floor 4
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 2
- Nye Hall: Floor 6
- Peavine Hall: Floor 4
- Sierra Hall: Floor 4
- Uncommon: Floor 4
Saturday, August 14, 8 a.m.
- Canyon Flats: 243A-275C
- Canyon Flats: 538A-575C
- Nye Hall: Floor 3
- Nye Hall: Floor 8
- Peavine Hall: Floor 3
- Sierra Hall: Floor 5
- Uncommon: Floor 5
Saturday, August 14, 9:30 a.m.
- Canyon Flats: 338A-375C
- Nye Hall: Floor 4
Saturday, August 14, 11 a.m.
- Canyon Flats: 437A-475C
- Nye Hall: Floor 7
- Peavine Hall: Floor 2
- Sierra Hall: Floor 6
- Uncommon: Floor 6
In order to best accommodate the volume of move-ins, you must do the following within the check-in time frame:
- Check-in at your hall during the designated date/time. If you are unable to do so, you are welcome to move in at the times below. (Volunteers may be limited.) You don't need to let our office know when you will be arriving:
- Thursday, August 12, 1-2 p.m.
- Friday, August 13, 1-2 p.m.
- Saturday, August 14, 1-2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 15, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- At check-in, you will need to demonstrate you have received the COVID-19 vaccine more than 14 days in advance of your move-in day OR a COVID-negative test completed within 72 hours of your arrival. Without either of these, you will need to quarantine in a different room for 10 days until you can move into your assigned room. Guests do not need to provide this documentation.
- Move your items from the vehicle into your room as quickly as possible. You can set up your room after you have unloaded your vehicle and parked it outside the unloading zone.
- Remove your vehicle from the unloading zone by the end of the one-hour check-in time frame and relocated it to a designated parking area.
Important details about move-in
- Failure to arrive during your alloted time will likely cause delays when you arrive on campus to check-in.
- Hand trucks and carts will be available but based on your own health/safety, we recommend you bring your own if you don't feel comfortable using community equipment. These items are also in short supply, so bringing your own may help expedite your move-in.
- Family and friends are welcome to help you move-in, but please be aware that more people may cause slower access to stairwells and elevators.
- We are trying to coordinate volunteers who will provide assistance during move-in dates/times, but please don't count on this support.
- Move-in tends to occur during a hot time of year. We recommend you and your helpers plan accordingly (weather and moving-appropriate clothing, bringing water, etc.).
- It is critical all incoming students have checked in by noon on Sunday, August 15, as NevadaFit starts that afternoon.
- For information about requesting to arrive early, please visit the housing website.
You will need a WolfCard identification ID Card to access your residence hall. If you are new to campus, your WolfCard will be available at check-in if you have submitted your photo to the WolfCard Office.
- If you haven’t sent your photo to the WolfCard Office, please submit a photo following the instructions from the WolfCard office. Photos are no longer being accepted online, so please visit the WOlfCard office to have your photo taken.
- If your card is not at your desk, please visit the WolfCard Office to obtain your card. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are open Saturday, August 14 and Sunday, August 15 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.