Whether you are joining us for the first time or you are returning to the residence halls, we ask that you become familiar with the process for move-in, as it may look different year to year.
Fall 2022 move-in
Based on guidance from the Center for Disease Control and the Washoe County Health District, in addition to feedback from students their families from past years, the following are designed to support a healthy, easy move-in process:
- Allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Students will be able to temporarily check out laundry carts and hand trucks to support moving.
- We hope to have some volunteers to help students move in (but please don't count on this assistance).
- Spread out move-in times are designed for ease of access to elevators, stairwells, unloading zones, etc.
Sophomore and above students not participating in TransferFIT
This move-in experience is for students who identify as sophomore and above, or upper division students, who are not participating in NevadaFIT or TransferFIT. More than likely, these students lived on campus last year and are returning to live on campus again, or they are new to campus and not participating in either NevadaFIT or TransferFIT.
If you identify in this category as a returning student, please check-in at your residence hall on Friday, August 26, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. While you are welcome to check-in after this time, please know there will several activities occurring around campus in which you can participate, connect with friends and meet others, and get this academic year off to a great start. Canada Hall is our only residence hall specifically for sophomore and above/upper division students, so move in for this building is Friday, August 26, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Incoming first-year NevadaFIT students and TransferFIT students
This move-in experience is for students who are new to the university, this year will be the first time they have lived on campus, and/or any student participating in NevadaFIT or TransferFIT (residents living in the Transfer LLC or live elsewhere on campus and are opting into TransferFIT).
In order to check-in for move-in, you will need to have an active WolfCard (student ID). Please submit your photo to the WolfCard Office prior to your Orientation (or August 1 at the latest) so you pick up your ID at residence hall and NevadaFit check-in.
Please log in to your Housing Portal and verify your housing assignment. You will need your building and room number. Based on your housing assignment, a tentative example for move-in dates and times is listed below (to be confirmed by June 1, 2022). Please note these are last year's (August 2021) move-in times and will likely change for this year. Argenta is not included yet as we are still working to identify the best strategy for moving students into this building. Please check back after June 1 for an updated schedule for move-in dates and times.
Thursday, August 18, 8 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floors 4-5
- Nevada LLC: Floor 2
- HonorsFIT (all halls)
Thursday, August 18, 9:30 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 2
- Nevada LLC: Floor 3
- First in the Pack (all halls)
- TRiO (all halls)
- NevadaFIT Mentors (all halls)
Thursday, August 18, 11 a.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 3
- Nevada LLC: Floor 4
- Upward Bound (all halls)
- Gear Up (all halls)
- DRC Bridge to FIT (all halls)
- Deans Future Scholars (all halls)
Thursday, August 18, 1 p.m.
- Great Basin Hall: Floor 1
- Nevada LLC: Floor 5
Friday, August 19, 8 a.m.
- Juniper Hall: Floor 2
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 3
- Nye Hall: Floor 1
- Nye Hall: Floor 5
- Peavine Hall: Floor 5
- Sierra Hall: Floor 3
Friday, August 19, 9:30 a.m.
- Canada Hall: Suites 51-54 (TransferFIT)
- Juniper Hall: Floor 3
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 1
- Nye Hall: Floor 2
- Peavine Hall: Floor 1
- Sierra Hall: Floor 7
Friday, August 19, 11 a.m.
- Juniper Hall: Floor 4
- Manzanita Hall: Floor 2
- Nye Hall: Floor 6
- Peavine Hall: Floor 4
- Sierra Hall: Floor 4
Saturday, August 20, 8 a.m.
- Nye Hall: Floor 3
- Nye Hall: Floor 8
- Peavine Hall: Floor 3
- Sierra Hall: Floor 5
Saturday, August 20, 9:30 a.m.
- Nye Hall: Floor 4
Saturday, August 20, 11 a.m.
- Nye Hall: Floor 7
- Peavine Hall: Floor 2
- Sierra Hall: Floor 6
Important details about move-in
- Failure to arrive during your allotted time will likely cause delays when you arrive on campus to check-in.
- Hand trucks and carts will be available, however if you don't feel comfortable using community equipment, you may bring your own. These items are also in short supply, so bringing your own may help expedite your move-in.
- Family and friends are welcome to help you move-in, but please be aware that more people may cause slower access to stairwells and elevators. (Family and friends do not need to provide proof of COVID vaccine or negative test results.)
- We are trying to coordinate volunteers who will provide assistance during move-in dates/times, but please don't count on this support.
- Move-in tends to occur during a hot time of year. We recommend you and your helpers plan accordingly (weather and moving-appropriate clothing, bringing water, etc.).
- It is critical all incoming students have checked in by 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 20, as NevadaFit and the Opening Ceremony for all students and their support systems starts that evening.
At present, residents will need to demonstrate proof of COVID vaccine/booster (potentially received within 6 months prior to arrival on campus) or COVID-negative test received within 72 hours prior to arrival. More details will be available after June 1 and will be communicated by email to residents as information becomes available over the summer.
For information about requesting to arrive early, please visit the housing website.
You will need a WolfCard identification ID Card to access your residence hall. If you are new to campus, your WolfCard will be available at check-in if you have submitted your photo to the WolfCard Office.
- If you haven’t sent your photo to the WolfCard Office, please submit a photo following the instructions from the WolfCard office. Photos are no longer being accepted online, so please visit the WolfCard office to have your photo taken.
- If your card is not at your desk, please visit the WolfCard Office to obtain your card. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They will tentatively be open Saturday, August 20 and Sunday, August 21 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.