Spring semester move-out information
Residence halls will close at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Important notes about closing
- The last meal served in The Den will be lunch on Wednesday, May 12, 2021.
- If you need to remain overnight on May 12, due to late-day Wednesday finals, you must contact your Resident Director (RD) at the front desk of your hall prior to 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
- Students who are approved to stay overnight on May 12 will be required to check out prior to 11 a.m. on Thursday, May 13, 2021.
- Students who are graduating or participating in the University's commencement exercises as part of a university program taking place Wednesday, May 12 through Saturday, May 15, may request to stay in the residence halls until two hours prior to graduation. You must schedule your check-out appointment with your residence hall staff 24 hours prior to the graduation ceremonies. You may request your extension by emailing Christina Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form will be added to your housing portal. Request forms are due no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. You may be assigned to a different room/building if necessary. You must be completely checked out of your room prior to attending graduation.
Checking out of your room
- Remove all personal property from your room.
- All belongings must be out of the building prior to check-out.
- This also includes removal of staples, adhesives, tape on walls/windows, etc.
- Remove debris from drawers and floor.
- All trash must be removed from the building and placed in the dumpsters outside.
- Trash bags are available at the front desk.
- Don’t forget to remove bicycles from all bicycle storage areas. Bicycles left behind will be disposed of or given to charity.
- Failure to properly clean your room or remove your trash from the building will result charges to your student account.
- You should coordinate checkout times and cleaning of the room with your roommate to avoid any unexpected charges.
- NOTE: Canyon Flats and Uncommon may not have outside dumpsters. In this event, please use your trash rooms.
- Complete the express check-out process
- Get an "express check-out envelope" from your CA, RA or SRA and follow the instructions on the envelope
- Place your room key, fob (Canyon Flats and Uncommon only), and temporary access card (if applicable) into the envelope
- Seal the envelope and turn it in at the Front Desk
- After 24 hours (or later), Residential Life, Housing, and Food Services staff will enter your room and reconcile the Room Condition Report from when you moved in. Applicable charges (if any) will be assessed to your MyNevada account.
- Students who fail to comply with any of these check-out procedures will be assessed a $50 improper check-out fee, in addition to other charges for which the student is responsible. Additional fees may apply if students do not check out by 10 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 and have not received written permission from their RD if staying until 11 a.m. the next day.
Your remaining security deposit will be refunded by Wednesday, July 1, 2021, after your successful completion of the 2020-2021 license agreement and minus any outstanding charges on your University account. You will not receive a refund if you transferred your security deposit to the 2021-2022 academic year or you have outstanding University charges above the amount of the security deposit. Please review, and update as needed, your MyNevada profile to ensure the mailing address is correct.
Students with extenuating circumstances
If you have extenuating circumstances and you need on-campus housing, the University wants you to know we will do everything we can to accommodate you. Please contact your Resident Director to explain your circumstances.
If approved, we may need you to relocate to a different housing assignment (yet to be determined).