Residence halls will close at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25
Based on the decision to move to remote learning after Fall Break, and in conjunction with the traditional on-campus housing closures for Winter Break, the residence halls will close Wednesday, Nov. 25 and are currently expected to reopen at noon on Saturday, Jan. 23. We will continue to keep you apprised of our reopening plans for Spring semester as we are excited to see you again.
- Residents are reminded that they must “check-out” with a staff member so that we know you have left campus.
- You will NOT need to remove your possessions as you will return to your space in January, but please bring items you may need for classes and this extended break.
- For students who have already coordinated and/or paid for travel for Fall Break (traditionally called Thanksgiving weekend), you are welcome to “check-out” with your CA or RA prior to Wednesday, Nov. 25. Checking out after Nov. 25 is not available.
- Due to this earlier-than-anticipated closure of our residence halls, you will receive a pro-rated refund of your rent and meal plan as of Nov. 25.
- Food Bucks will remain on your account as you will be able to use them 18 months from the date of purchase.
Residence halls are currently expected to reopen at noon on Saturday, Jan. 23. We will continue to keep you apprised of our reopening plans for Spring semester as we are excited to see you again.
Survey to let us know your plans
For planning purposes, we are asking you to complete the Fall 2020 closing questionaire by 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30. In the survey, you will be asked to select one of the following options:
- You plan on leaving campus Nov. 25 (or before) and returning Jan. 23.
- You have extenuating circumstances and are requesting to remain in on-campus housing from Nov. 21 to Jan. 23 (see below for details about this option).
- You are planning on submitting a Petition to Break the Housing and Meal Plan License Agreement for the Spring 2021 semester (this also needs to be completed by Friday, Oct. 30).
Students with extenuating circumstances
If you have extenuating circumstances and you need on-campus housing, the University wants you to know we will do everything we can to accommodate you. Please apply through the link above and briefly share your reason.
- We will likely need you to relocate to a different housing assignment (yet to be determined) from Nov. 25 until Jan. 23.
- Nevada Dining will provide limited operations in The Overlook through Dec. 16 and, starting Jan. 23. Your meal plan will work this semester and next but you will need to purchase a separate meal plan for Wintermester.
- You are responsible for completing your housing and meal plan contract, including financial obligations.