Living Learning Community housing
The College of Science Living Learning Community offers incoming freshmen the opportunity to live and work with students who have similar academic goals and interests while also providing individualized mentorship and extracurricular activities.
Interact with University faculty and professionals from the Northern Nevada region and beyond who are successful in their careers in science, engineering, and medicine while building lasting relationships.
Goals of the Science LLC
By the end of the academic year, students in the Science LLC will:
- Establish a sense of community among students who have a passion for the sciences
- Recognize and actively participate in a pre-professional organization within their field
- Be exposed to the importance of networking in the field through internships and will demonstrate this knowledge by starting the process of searching for and applying to internships or undergraduate research opportunities
Events offered to students living in the LLC:
- Living Learning Community Retreat - In early September, both the College of Science and WiSE LLC students go on a retreat to Grizzly Creek Ranch in Portola, CA where students participate in a challenge course, team-building activities, campfire, night hike, and star party with the UNR Astronomy Club
- Pennington Simulation Lab Tour - A tour of the Pennington building to provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the medical school facilities and application process
- The College of Science Living Learning Community is open to incoming freshmen with a declared major in the College of Science.
- Priority will be given to students who place into or beyond Core Math (MATH 127) and Core Writing (ENG 101 or ENG 102).