Join Golden Scholars
The Golden Scholars program is a first-generation program exclusive to students in the College of Science. This program is designed to build community and engance student success and retention at the University.
Enrollment is open and applications are accepted year-round. There is no cost associated with participating in Golden Scholars.
Golden Scholars Eligibility
To be eligible for the Golden Scholars program, you must be a first-generation college student that has declared a major in the College of Science. A first-generation college student is one whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor’s degree.
In addition to being involved with Golden Scholars, students are highly encouraged to participate in First in the Pack, a student retention program designed to develop the necessary skills and agency in first-generation and income-qualified students. In doing so, students can take full advantage of the resources offered by both college-specific and University-wide first-generation programs.
Program benefits and resources
College of Science students who participate in the Golden Scholars program are provided with several resources to help them be successful both on and off-campus. Some benefits include:
- Enrollment support and guidance with college life
- Exploration of on-campus support resources
- Events and socials with first-generation faculty to support networking
- Community building events
- Exclusive access to events and study sessions
- Peer mentoring with College of Science juniors and/or seniors (upperclassmen)