College of Science Advising

Academic Advisors All new students (freshmen, transfer students and newly declared majors), continuing freshmen, sophomores, and probation students in the College of Science and the Mackay School of Earth Sciences & Engineering meet with an Academic Advisor.
academic advisor with student
Faculty Mentors Juniors and Seniors with a declared College of Science or Mackay School of Earth Sciences & Engineering major in good academic standing meet with a faculty mentor.
Student with professor in lab

Advising for transfer students

Transfer students who have been admitted to the University should complete the following steps to prepare for a successful advising experience:

Unique advising situations

Professional School Advising

The College of Science offers professional school advising for students pursuing graduate programs in medical, dental, pharmacy, optometry, law or business school.

Please visit the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center

Advising for probation/dismissal

Undergraduate students are placed on academic probation when a student’s cumulative University of Nevada GPA is below 2.0. Students who are placed on Academic Probation will receive a letter notifying them of their academic status.

Please see the University's General Catalog, section 4.2 for more information on probation and dismissal.

For students alerted of probation status, or students who would like to appeal dismissal, please schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.

Contact your academic advisor