TransferFIT is a bootcamp specifically designed for transfer students to help successfully ease the transition to the University of Nevada, Reno by offering realistic university experiences prior to the start of the fall semester.
TransferFIT takes place over a single weekend, August 14 and 15, 2021
What to expect during TransferFIT
Transfer students come to the University with a variety of experiences and needs. TransferFIT works to address some of these needs by providing students with opportunities unique to our campus, and allowing them the space to make connections that can help students thrive throughout their college career.
In TransferFIT students will:
- Get to know other transfer students
- Work with a student mentor
- Network with faculty in your academic department
- Become familiar with the University campus
- Practice using student resources
- Participate in Welcome Week events, such as Opening Ceremony and the kick-off barbecue
Applying to TransferFIT
TransferFIT is not required for all transfer students. Students living in the Transfer LLC are required to participate. All other interested transfer students must apply on or before July 1, 2021.
Learn more about TransferFIT
What is the TransferFIT selection process?
TransferFIT is intended for all incoming transfer students admitted for fall terms, regardless of academic credentials. However, the program has a limited capacity. Interested students must apply by July 1, 2021.
Acceptance emails will be sent on or before August 1, 2021. Students will receive an acceptance letter via email and must confirm their attendance. Students are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if they have applied and no longer wish to attend.
Where can I stay during TransferFIT?
Transfer students living in the dorms during the school year have the option to move in at the start of TransferFIT. Accommodations are not provided for students without a housing contract.
Where can I get more information?
- Additional TransferFIT information, including a program schedule, will be emailed to admitted participants in the coming months. You can also check this webpage frequently for any updates.
- We highly recommend that transfer students also attend New Student Orientation as the information covered is different from TransferFIT.
- We also recommend that transfer students reach out to an academic advisor to discuss their fall schedule prior to attending TransferFIT.
- For other transfer-related information, please visit the Transfer Office.