Overview of process and timeline
- Students will receive an email with an assigned time to sign into the housing portal to select their room. This assigned time is based on when students submitted their application.
- For students that submitted their housing application by February 1, 2023, you will be issued a time between February 15, 2023 to March 15, 2023.
- Students who applied by the February 1 priority date and confirmed Living Learning Communities as their housing choice will be assigned a room selection time slot to select their room between February 15 – February 22. Their time slot will remain open until midnight February 22. If they do not select a room by that date we will manually assign them to a room.
- Students who applied by the February 1 priority date and did not select Living Learning Communities as their housing choice will be assigned a room selection time slot to select their room between March 2 – March 14. Their time slot will remain open until midnight on March 14. If they do not select a room by that date we will manually assign them to a room.
Students who applied between February 2 and June 1 will be manually assigned by the housing office in early July after the second roommate selection process.
- Room availability is subject to what rooms are left over during your lottery time. To select your room during your allotted time please go to the housing portal.
- Please be aware that we assign room self-selection times based on the latest application submission date of a roommate group.
- Any one student in a roommate group can select the room(s) that everyone in the group would like to live in. You do not need to go in individually to select rooms.
Room self-selection steps to be used during your time slot
Step 1: Please select your housing application in the portal.
Step 2: Select “Room Selection” from the drop-down menu on the page selector.
Step 3: Please select the ‘Continue’ button of the Academic Year 2023-2024 term to be brought to room self selection.
Step 4: You will then be brought to the initial selection page.
- Your view may be limited by what halls you are eligible to live in and if you have selected to be in a Living Learning Community.
Step 5: Once you are on this page, click on ‘Select’ on which Residence Hall you want to live in. You will be brought to a page that lists all of the rooms or suites/apartments for the Residence Hall.
- Any one student in a roommate group can select the room(s) that everyone in the group would like to live in. You must select a room or rooms that will accommodate the amount of people in your group. If you have three roommates you must either select a room that accommodates three people or select two rooms.
Step 6: From there select which room you want.
- Some rooms may have a letter next to the room number (A,B, or C). This denotes which room in a suite it will be.
- The bed icon and number let you know how many bed spaces are in the room. For a single room the number would be 1, double 2, triple 3.
- Once you find the room you want, click ‘Add to Cart’ and then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Save and Continue’.
Step 7: You will be brought to the ‘Assign Beds’ page where you can choose which bed space you would like.
- If another student has requested a space in the room, only one space will show as available and the drop-down menu will state that there is one room unavailable. You will not be able to view the other student’s information when selecting a room.
Step 8: If you have a roommate or roommates, below your room space selection will appear bed space boxes for you to select their room spaces.
- Please also be aware that you have 3 minutes to book the room and room space you would like.
- You will get reminders when your time is running out. If it does, you will lose the room you have selected and will need to select the room again.
Step 9: You will be brought to a confirmation page to look over the room information before you submit your choice.
- If everything looks okay click ‘Save & Continue’ and you will have selected your room for the 2023-2024 Academic Year!
- You will receive an email confirming that you have booked your room for the 2023-2024 Academic Year.