Winter Break Housing
Winter Break housing (December 22, 2017 to January 20, 2018) will be available at Sierra. The rate for Winter Break housing is $520 on a first-come first-served basis. This total amount also applies to Sierra Hall residents who plan to stay through Winter Break. Spaces are limited so please sign-up early. Current Sierra Hall residents requesting to stay for Winter Break will be accommodated in their current space. All students who do not currently reside in Sierra Hall will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis based on available spaces in Sierra Hall. For more details Housing Office on the 1st Floor of Juniper Hall or call the housing office at (775) 784-1113. You can apply for Winter Break housing at this link: Apply for Winter Break Housing.
Things to know:
- The halls will be closed from December 20, 2017 through January 21, 2018. Once the halls close, students will not be able to go back into their room to retrieve items.
- Sierra Hall will be open only to students who have signed up for winter housing. All other Sierra Hall residents will not have access to the building or their rooms.
- We understand that students have jobs and other responsibilities beyond classes
- Wintermester is available but you are not required to take classes
- Please remember that all residence hall policies outlined in the Residence Hall Handbook remain in effect during this time period including the ability to check in guests.
- The Downunder Cafe is closed during the Winter Break.
- Food Services will have different hours of operations during the break.