Gender inclusive housing
Residential Life strives to accommodate student's individual requests for safe, inclusive, accessible housing, regardless of students' gender identity or sex assigned at birth.
Gender Inclusive Housing provides an affirming, safe, and supportive environment for transgender students, gender-nonconforming students, and the larger LGBTQIA+ student community. Gender Inclusive Housing participants must commit to maintaining an inclusive and welcoming living environment.
Apply for Gender Inclusive Housing
To apply for Gender Inclusive Housing, you must complete the following steps:
- Apply for housing
- Indicate "Yes" to Gender Inclusive Housing in the application
- To be eligible for this housing option, you must complete the Gender Inclusive Housing application and list any preferred roommates. Roommates must be mutually requested.
By applying for Gender Inclusive Housing, you indicate that you understand and agree to the following:
- All policies and procedures as outlined in the License Agreement apply to Gender Inclusive Housing.
- You are committing to maintaining an inclusive, welcoming and affirming living environment.
- If a student moves out of the room for any reason (e.g. voluntary room change, roommate conflict, cancellation, judicial removal or suspension, etc.), Residential Life has the right to change the room assignment.
- Gender Inclusive Housing is not designed to provide students with a room- or building-selection advantage.
- Consistent with all our housing options, Gender Inclusive Housing room assignments/placements are not guaranteed.
*Gender Inclusive Housing is not a living option intended for students in a relationship with each other.
The University of Nevada offers additional resources for the LGBTQIA+ Community.