Accessibility in WebCampus
Course materials uploaded into WebCampus are required to be accessible in accordance with the standards set forth by the University. For more information on accessibility at the University of Nevada, Reno and on general accessibility for course content, visit the accessibility resources page.
Ally accessibility checker
Blackboard Ally is an application that interfaces with our Learning Management System (LMS), WebCampus (Canvas) to provide two important accessibility services:
- Checks course file accessibility and provides remediation guidance for instructors.
- Automatically makes more-accessible versions of course files.
While Ally is developed by Blackboard, it is LMS-agnostic and works with a number of major systems such as Canvas, Blackboard and Moodle.
Ally checks against our compliance standards: the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 level A and AA. In addition to error notification and guidance, Ally also allows instructors to make some accessibility edits, such as adding alternative text to images, easily and directly from within the application.
For more information and training, please access the Teaching & Learning Technologies Workshops and Training site to sign up for the Accessible Files in WebCampus: Hands-on with Ally training where instructors can receive assistance making their own course files accessible.
For specific questions or department-specific training, please contact Don Massie at email@example.com.
Ally guide for faculty
Ally assists faculty in making their course content more accessible in the following ways:
- Indicates the current level of accessibility for a variety of file types
- Provides information and/or guidance about changes that will improve accessibility
- Generates more-accessible versions of course files for students to use until an instructor remediates the files for broader accessibility.
Ally guide for students
Ally generates more-accessible versions of course files for student use until an instructor can remediate the source files for broader accessibility.