Policies and regulations
The University of Nevada, Reno strives to provide a work environment where expectations, policies and rules are clearly articulated. Depending on your employee type, you may be governed by policies and rules of the Nevada System of Higher Education, University of Nevada, Reno and the state of Nevada. The links on this page will provide you with valuable information to help you be successful in your job.
After reviewing a governing document, if you have questions about a policy or practice, please ask your supervisor for clarification. Additionally, you may contact the Human Resources Department (775) 784-6082 or Submit a Question.
The University of Nevada, Reno is one of eight institution within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). The eight institutions are governed by the Board of Regents. Policies governing employees are outlined in Board of Regents Handbook and the Procedures and Guidelines Manual.
The University of Nevada, Reno maintains additional policies and governance housed in the University Administrative Manual and the University Bylaws. These documents contain policies that are specific to the University of Nevada, Reno and govern all employee types.
- University of Nevada, Reno - University Administrative Manual (UAM)
- University of Nevada, Reno - Bylaws
- Nevada System of Higher Education - Board of Regents Handbook
- Nevada System of Higher Education - Procedures and Guidelines Manual
- State of Nevada - Rules for State Personnel Administration - Classified Employees
- Nevada System of Higher Education - Prohibitions and Penalties