Lifelong learning for eligible employees and family members
The University of Nevada, Reno provides its staff and faculty, as well as eligible family members, access to reduced-rate educational opportunities. Benefits vary by employee type. See links below for more information.
The Grant-in-Aid Application Form needs to be submitted for Departmental and HR approval on a per-semester basis.
For both undergraduate and graduate student Grants-in-Aid waiver rates and insurance costs, please see our Student Grants-in-Aid page.
Summer 2019 Deadlines
- May 13, 2019 – Final date to submit grant-in-aid in order to have fees posted in time and avoid late fees.*
- May 14, 2019 – Final date grant-in-aid can be approved retroactive to the start of the semester.
- June 3, 2019 – Final date to submit grant-in-aid in order to have fees posted in time and avoid late fees.*
- June 5, 2019 – Final date grant-in-aid can be approved retroactive to the start of the semester.
- July 8, 2019 – Final date to submit grant-in-aid in order to have fees posted in time and avoid late fees.*
- July 10, 2019 – Final date grant-in-aid can be approved retroactive to the start of the semester.
*The employee is also responsible for gathering the required signatures and submitting the application to the Human Resources Department before or on the deadlines. This also applies to submitting GIA Approvals granted by UNR HR to the participating NSHE institution to waive the relevant Tuition and/or Fees.
Educational Benefits by Employee Type
Educational benefits, including reduced-rate tuition, vary by employee type. Select your employee type below for more information about eligibility, restrictions, and benefits offered.
The following programs are not eligible or have restrictions to the Grants-in-Aid Benefit:
- Students who are Graduate Assistants cannot apply nor receive Grant-In-Aid, as they are assisted through the Graduate Assistantship waiver.
- Pearson online sponsored courses in Social Work and Community Health Sciences are not eligible.
- Master of Judicial Studies, Justice Management, Master in Physician Assistant Studies, the eMBA Program and Doctorate of Philosophy in Judicial Studies are not eligible.
- Extended Studies, including Summer Session, reserves the right to refuse to honor a Faculty Grant-In-Aid in a requested academic credit class. Non-credit classes offered through Extended Studies are not eligible for this benefit.
- Grants-in-Aid will not cover Excess Credit Fees. An appeal process is available for students and it is outlined in the Course Catalog.