Lifelong learning for eligible employees and family members
The University of Nevada, Reno provides its staff and faculty, as well as eligible family members, access to reduced-rate educational opportunities. Benefits vary by employee type. See links below for more information.
The Grant-in-Aid Application Form needs to be submitted for Departmental and HR approval on a per-semester basis.
For both undergraduate and graduate student Grants-in-Aid waiver rates and insurance costs, please see our Student Grants-in-Aid page.
Fall 2019 Deadlines
- August 19, 2019 – Final date to submit grant-in-aid in order to have fees posted in time and avoid late fees.*
- August 26, 2019 – Final date grant-in-aid can be approved retroactive to the start of the semester.
*The employee is also responsible for gathering required signatures and submitting their application to the Human Resources Department on or before the deadlines listed above. This also applies to submittal of GIA Approvals granted by University of Nevada, Reno Human Resources to the participating NSHE institution to waive applicable tuition and/or fees.
Educational Benefits by Employee Type
Educational benefits, including reduced-rate tuition, vary by employee type. Select your employee type below for more information about eligibility, restrictions, and benefits offered.
The following programs are not eligible or have restrictions to the Grants-in-Aid Benefit:
- Students who are Graduate Assistants cannot apply nor receive Grant-In-Aid, as they are assisted through the Graduate Assistantship waiver.
- Pearson on-line sponsored programs (PEARSON) are not eligible.
- Master of Justice (MS), Justice Management (JM) and Doctorate of Philosophy in Judicial Studies (JD) are not eligible.
- Executive MBA Program (EMBA) is not eligible.
- Gerontology classes (GERO) are not eligible.
- Intensive English Language classes (IELC) are not eligible.
- Remedial classes <100 level are not eligible
- Extended Studies/365 Learning including Summer Session, reserves the right to refuse to honor a Faculty/Classified Grant-In-Aid in a requested academic class.
- Non-credit classes offered through Extended Studies are not eligible for this benefit.
- Grants-In-Aid will not cover Excess Credit Fees.