Yes. Residents are permitted to have guests visit them. Please visit our Community Standards for more information.
A guest is considered any individual not assigned to the residence hall to which they are visiting.
- Guests must be registered at the residence hall front desk and must be "checked out" when they leave
- Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, administered within 72 hours prior to entering the building.
- Residents are allowed two (2) guests at a time (only one may stay overnight)
- Residents are responsible their guests behavior
- The University reserves the right to limit guest access when it deems such limits necessary to protect the health and safety of residents.
Guests who are minors
Any individual who is under the age of 18 and is not affiliated with the University of Nevada, Reno, is considered a "minor guest." The Resident must complete the Minor Guest Registration Request Form. In order to this this, login to eRezLife with your NetID and Password and complete the form labeled, "RLHFS Minor Guest Registration." This form will be reviewed by staff and permission sought by the guest's parent/guardian. Only after parent/guardian and staff approve this guest to be permitted in the building, that guest can be registered by the resident. The parameters above are in effect for guests who are minors.