Support the College
You and your gift make a difference
Thank you for your interest in the College of Engineering. The college is a community of its students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends. Our three-fold mission of teaching, research and outreach challenges us every day. Our reputation of building partnerships with individuals, firms, companies and agencies is one we value. We believe it is a privilege to work in the service of engineering education.
Like other colleges at the University of Nevada, Reno, we are state-assisted rather than state-supported. This means that the time, talent and funds from alumni and friends are well used and much appreciated.
Areas for giving
Major gifts can be made in one lump sum of cash or stock, in a pledge that is paid over a 2 - 5 year period, and/or inclusion of the college in your will or trust. While there are many areas of need in the college, we are active partners with those that give to the college and enjoy hearing about the projects you would like to support.
- Student Support. These are scholarships for undergraduates and assistantships or fellowships for graduate students. In order to attract the best and brightest in Nevada and the West, we always need student support.
- Faculty Support. Visiting lecturers, endowed professorships, endowed chairs all allow the college to retain the outstanding professors we have and to attract new talented faculty to our college.
- Programmatic Support. This is support for specific programs such as K-12 outreach or the Nevada Advanced Autonomous Systems Innovation Center (NAASIC) in addition to the general programs represented by our departments: Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Capital Projects and Equipment. The College of Engineering is taking steps to create an Engineering Complex on the southeast portion of campus. Anchored by an 87,000-square-foot building to be built along Evans Avenue, the complex will also include renovations to Scrugham Engineering and Mines and Palmer Engineering. Funds will also be used to purchase instrumentation or special equipment needed to establish or update our student laboratories.
We will work with you to ensure your gift is used in accordance with your wishes. Please contact us for further information:
- Flynn Ginty, director of development at email@example.com or 775-682-7696