Madani-Gordaninejad Speech Competition
The College of Engineering is proud to announce the second annual Madani-Gordaninejad Speech Competition, open to all undergraduate students in the College of Engineering.
- Abstract due date: February 28th by 11:59pm
- Semi-finalists notified: March 13
- Competition date: April 3rd at 5:30pm in DMS 102
Dr. Faramarz Gordaninejad retired in 2016 from his position as a Foundation Professor of the Mechanical Engineering Department. As part of his legacy, he has established the Madani-Gordaninejad Speech Competition in memory of his wife, Azita Madani Gordaninejad. The goal of the speech competition is to improve the communication skills of engineering students.
The subject of the presentation must be innovative and/or informative and can be technical or non-technical.
Quality abstracts with logical and compelling discussions of a single topic will be selected for the final speech competition. Presentation coaching & feedback will be available for students selected to present.
Cash prizes awarded to the best three presentations.
Rules and Guidelines
- Must be a current undergraduate student in the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Original submission by a single individual only
- Maximum 200 words
- MLA or another standard format recommended
- Must be submitted to website by 11:59pm on February 28
- Must be 10 minutes
- After 12 minutes you will be asked to conclude
- Visual aids are optional (Room is equipped with standard classroom technology)
- Must arrive by 5:30pm
- Drawing for speaking order will occur at 5:30pm sharp
- Professional attire
- Professional behavior required during all speeches
If there any questions, please contact:
Angelina Padilla, Ph.D.
University of Nevada, Reno
Palmer Engineering 204B