Submit a speech topic
Madani-Gordaninejad Speech Competition
Rules and Guidelines
The subject of the presentation must be innovative and/or informative and can be technical or non-technical.
Quality abstracts with logical and compelling discussions of a single topic will be selected for the final speech competition. Presentation coaching & feedback will be available for students selected to present.
Cash prizes awarded to the best three presentations.
You must be a current undergraduate student in the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Original submission by a single individual only.
- Maximum 200 words.
- MLA or another standard format is recommended.
- Must be submitted to website by 11:59 p.m. on March 7.
- Must be 10 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, you will be asked to conclude.
- Visual aids are optional.
- Must arrive by 3:45 p.m.
- Drawing for speaking order will occur at 4 p.m. sharp.
- Wear professional attire.
- Professional behavior is required during all speeches.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Angelina Padilla, Ph.D.
University of Nevada, Reno
Palmer Engineering 204B