Madani-Gordaninejad Speech Competition
Rules and Guidelines
The subject of the presentation must be innovative and/or informative and can be technical or non-technical.
Quality abstracts with logical and compelling discussions of a single topic will be selected for the final speech competition. Presentation coaching & feedback will be available for students selected to present.
Cash prizes awarded to the best three presentations.
- Must be a current undergraduate student in the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Original submission by a single individual only
- Maximum 200 words
- MLA or another standard format recommended
- Must be submitted to website by 11:59pm on February 28
- Must be 10 minutes
- After 12 minutes you will be asked to conclude
- Visual aids are optional (Room is equipped with standard classroom technology)
- Must arrive by 5:30pm
- Drawing for speaking order will occur at 5:30pm sharp
- Professional attire
- Professional behavior required during all speeches
If there any questions, please contact:
Angelina Padilla, Ph.D.
University of Nevada, Reno
Palmer Engineering 204B