The Dean's office provides support to faculty in the proposal development process, including set-up within the InfoEd system. PI's should contact the Grants and Projects Analyst at the beginning of the development process in order to insure compliance with Sponsor and University guidelines. Assistance is also available with the creation and routing of the InfoEd file, given the PI provides required information in a timely manner. All InfoEd proposal files should be complete (with the exception of the technical narrative) and ready for review by the Dean's office at least 7 business days prior to the Sponsor's deadline. View additional InfoEd resources.
College of Engineering Proposal Submission Process
Begin this step as soon as you decide you wish to submit a proposal (14+ days prior to deadline).
Notify Craig Holloman (email@example.com), Grant Support for the College of Engineering, via email and include:
- Solicitation link or copy
- Draft budget and justification
- Draft summary or abstract
- Title of proposal
- Start/end dates of project
- Any preliminary questions
When reviewing proposals, the following items will be considered by the Dean's office prior to submission to OSPA for full review:
- Budget Justification
- Summary/Abstract, Draft Proposal or Full Proposal
- Subcontractor Information (if applicable), including: SUB-1 Form, Scope of Work, Budget, and Budget Justification
- Cost Share Form (if applicable)
All proposals (regardless of sponsor) require an InfoEd file to be created. (Complete 5-7 days prior to deadline).
- Verify you have InfoEd access (you must have completed InfoEd training)
- Create InfoEd file and enter preliminary data (Grant Support can complete this step for you if information is provided)
- Once InfoEd file is complete, hit "Submit for Final Review"
- Grant Support will receive the file for subsequent review and processing for signatures
Note: Grants.gov system-to-system proposals must include detailed budget in InfoEd; all others may only include cumulative costs. for NSF proposals, enter details in Fastlane.
This step will automatically begin with the receipt of the InfoEd file at OSP (5 business days prior to deadline).
- OSP receives the approved InfoEd file and makes initial contacts with the PI
- OSP reviews all file documents for University and Sponsor compliance
- OSP will submit any questions or clarifications needed to the PI via email
- Once approved by OSP, the PI will be asked for permission to submit the proposal to the sponsor
OSP pre-award contact: Melodie Gander (firstname.lastname@example.org), (775) 784-4746
Resources for Preparing and Submitting Proposals:
- Institutional and Grant Component Information
- CoEN Grant Submission Process
- Step-by-Step Guide for Submitting a Fastlane Proposal
- Salary Calculator (Faculty A and B)
- Budget Justification Tips
- OSP-22 Budget Template (1-5 Years) - w/43.5% F&A
- OSP-22 Budget Template (1-5 Years) - w/new 44% F&A
- Effort Reporting Resource
- Intellectual Property Presentation
S. Craig Holloman
Coordinator, Research Grants
Scrugham Engineering Building (SEM) 130A