Engineering Computing Center
About the ECC
The Engineering Computing Center is for the use of all College of Engineering majors/minors, and for anyone currently taking an engineering or computer science class in CoEN. The ECC has Windows 10 computers located in rooms SEM 231-A, B, C, D, SEM 321, WPEB 100, and 101. Each machine has a wide variety of specialized engineering software and a Xubuntu 14.04 virtual machine. Some labs are used as teaching laboratories and are open for general use only when classes are not being held in the rooms. Please see the Engineering Student Resources Canvas page for the ECC's regular hours and information about after-hours and weekend lab access.
ECC Lab Locations
Scrugham Engineering and Mines Building (SEM):
- SEM 231-A, B, C, D: labs with B/W printing
- SEM 231: ECC office, flatbed scanner
- SEM 321: lab with B/W printing
William N. Pennington Engineering Building (WPEB):
- WPEB 100 and WPEB 101: new labs Fall 2020!
Remote access to ECC lab computers
- The ECC team has set up a clientless remote desktop gateway to provide remote access to the computers that are unavailable for in-person use due to social distancing. Engineering students can access the gateway via a web browser at https://remote.engr.unr.edu (login with NetID).
Front Desk: (775) 784-1437
Please check out the Engineering Student Resources Canvas page for more information about the ECC including available software, remote access, other ways to contact us, and more frequently asked questions.