Our research programs have grown significantly in the past decade, and we're growing rapidly in high-impact interdisciplinary areas such as advanced manufacturing, cybersecurity and autonomous systems.
Our faculty are working with local industries, national agencies and scholars around the globe to develop impactful research programs that push the boundaries of engineering and offer innovative technologies to researchers and industry partners.
Engineering research and innovation to build a better world
The College is focused on research and innovation that contributes to economic growth and diversification in Nevada, improves quality of life both at home and around the globe, and advances the state of the art in its field.
Our research focus areas align with both regional and national priorities that reflect our role as a land-grant institution in the state of Nevada as well as a Carnegie classified “very high research activity” institution.
Key areas of research focus in the College include:
- Resilient supply chains for lithium and critical materials
- Equitable infrastructure to mitigate natural hazards
- Cyber-protected information and communication technology
- Sustainable, net-circular, green and recyclable systems
- Unmanned vehicles and the new space frontier
For more on our research, see the Research Pillars page on our Strategic Plan website.