The CABNR Student Center provides a safe, comfortable and friendly environment for all members of the University community. By providing both common and meeting space, we encourage learning beyond the classroom through community dialogue, cultural enrichment, social engagement and scholarship. We strive to uphold our tradition of providing exemplary experiences and services to help create opportunities for developing and nurturing not only scholars but also well-rounded individuals.
Student center lounge
A student study lounge (FA 237A) is available for the students' use and open throughout daily business hours. Amenities offered include:
- Computers and printer
- 200 free pages of printing per semester for all majors within the College
- Internet access
- Group studying
Contact the CABNR Student Center:
- Visit in person: Fleischmann Agriculture Building, room 236 on the University's main campus.
New students (freshmen), continuing freshmen and sophomores, students declaring or changing their major to one offered by the College, and all students on academic probation are advised by their academic advisors in the CABNR Student Center in the following majors:
- agricultural science
- biochemistry & molecular biology
- environmental science
- forest management & ecology
- NevadaTeach: agricultural science
- NevadaTeach: environmental science
- nutrition (both nutritional science and dietetics)
- veterinary science
- rangeland ecology & management
- wildlife ecology & conservation
Juniors and seniors in our College's agricultural science, rangeland ecology & management, and nutrition programs are also advised by the Student Center.
Juniors and seniors in our other degree programs who are in good academic standing (University cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher) are advised by their faculty advisors.
The CABNR Student Center will be available for virtual drop-in advising and in-person advising 8/23-9/3, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:45 pm.
- Students can meet with any CABNR Student Center advisor, but please be aware that you will be in the waiting room until the advisor is able to meet with you.
- Drop in advising will be 10-15 minutes, it should be used for quick questions that you may have regarding your schedule, and or declaration of minors.
- If you would like to declare a major within CABNR, have questions about academic recovery or other advising topics that may take more time please email email@example.com
Please provide your full name, NSHE ID# and days and times (Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm) that you can meet and we will schedule an advising appointment for you.
- 8/23-8/24 8:30-1pm VIRTUAL
- 8/25 -8/27 2-4pm VIRTUAL
- 8/30 -8/31 8:30-1pm VIRTUAL
- 9/1 2-4pm IN PERSON (FA 237B)
- 9/2 -9/3 8:30-1pm VIRTUAL
- 8/23-8/27 9-3pm & 4-5pm IN PERSON (FA 237C)
- 8/30-8/31 9-3pm & 4-5pm IN PERSON (FA 237C)
- 9/1 VIRTUAL
- 9/2-9/3 9-3pm & 4-5pm IN PERSON (FA 237C)
In addition to the CABNR Student Center, the University offers additional resources for student success. These include:
- Counseling Services – provides psychological services to University students to support and facilitate the personal and academic success and development
- Disability Resource Center – serves students with disabilities, providing academic accommodations and access to an equitable learning environment
- Math Center – offers tutoring and support for math
- Nevada Career Studio – helps students develop their dreams, get professional experience and prepare for careers
- Pack Provisions – strives to support all members of the University with the daily resources they need to ensure success by providing access to perishable and non-perishable foods, meals on campus, school supplies, hygiene items and more
- TRiO and McNair Scholars – assists low-income, first-generation students to overcome the cultural, academic, class and social barriers to success in higher education
- Tutoring Center – provides FREE one-on-one appointments, Nevada PASS sessions, walk-in labs and weekly small groups sessions
- Writing & Speaking Center – offers tutoring, support and resources for student writing