The Founding College of the University
The College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources is a founding college of this Land Grant University.
- Improve the student experience through strengthening academic programs, encouraging a culture of diversity and international focus on campus, providing significant co-curricular experiences and enhancing the campus environment.
- Build on our academic strengths to create new interdisciplinary academic opportunities, support the efforts of our excellent faculty, and improve the national and international visibility of our programs.
- Assess the outcomes of all our activities so that we know our strengths and weaknesses and can take effective steps to improve our performance.
- Communicate effectively with our various stakeholders in the state, region and nation so that we can both respond to the needs of our society and tell our story better.
- Cultivate support from a variety of sources so that the University can continue to flourish, even in a climate of limited state-appropriated resources.
Vision & Objectives
- Educate. In pursuit of our mission to educate the citizens of the state and beyond, the University will improve the quality of its teaching, of student learning and of the student experience.
- Explore. In order to carry out the mission of contributing knowledge and expertise to benefit society, the University will strengthen and publicize its scholarship, research and creative activity.
- Engage. As a land-grant institution, the University of Nevada, Reno has a long tradition of productive engagement with the entire state. In the 21st century, the nature of this "outreach" should broaden and remain characteristic of the institution.
- Enable. Insufficient basic infrastructure, in the form of space, equipment, student support, technological support and staff, is perhaps the major obstacle that the University of Nevada, Reno faces in its campaign to raise its stature and better fulfill its mission. Strengthening this aspect of the University is essential to achieving all of our other goals.
- Enhance. Improvements in the campus environment will help the University better serve its multiple publics and provide the best education possible for its students. These issues involve students, faculty and staff.