The TRiO Scholars Program provides qualified undergraduates with the academic assistance and support necessary to successfully complete a baccalaureate degree. Services are available at no cost to help participants achieve their academic goals. The TRiO Scholars Program is a federally funded Student Support Services (SSS) program operating on an annual budget of approximately $330,000. Our grant allows us to serve 175 participants annually.
TRiO program eligibility
The TRiO Scholars Program serves undergraduate students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- First generation: Neither parent has graduated from a four-year college or university
- Income-qualified: Determined from evaluating federal taxable income information, OR
- Have a documented disability and meet both of the following requirements:
- Academic need: Determined by a variety of academic and admissions criteria
- U.S. citizen (or eligible non-citizen/resident alien: Unfortunately, at this moment we are unable to serve DACA students.)
2/3 of our students must be both first-generation and income qualified.