Students enrolled in the TRiO Scholars and TRIO STEM programs are eligible for a range of services, such as tutoring and writing assistance. TRiO scholars and TRIO STEM Scholars may also take advantage of our computer lab, get help preparing for graduate school and develop improved study skills.
Participants in the TRiO Scholars and TRIO STEM Scholars programs are able to request free tutoring services through the First Generation Student Center. We are able to help with most classes. However, it might be harder to locate tutors for higher-level courses. In addition to regularly scheduled tutoring sessions, we also provide access to writing assistance and have open hours for math.
As incoming TRiO participants, you will be assigned a trained peer mentor. Peer mentors serve as a support system to our incoming students. Through group and one-on-one settings, the peer mentors create a safe and non-judgmental environment in order to enhance and enrich the college experience of their fellow TRiO Scholars and TRIO STEM Scholars.
- Regularly schedule workshops that cover FAFSA, scholarships, summer session tuition awards, undergraduate research opportunities, study abroad, etc.
- Free Printing
- Managing academic life
- Using campus resources
- Improving the ability to learn
- Adjusting learning styles
Program participants who are interested in applying for graduate or professional school can take advantage of numerous services we have as students transition from their undergraduate careers. These services include, but are not limited to:
- GRE Prep group sessions
- Graduate School workshops
- Pre-Med Cohort
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Pre-Nursing Cohort
- Law School/LSAT study resources and guides
- Regularly planned social events
- Community service opportunities
- First-generation orientation
- Information regarding joining University clubs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Career Development Day
- Networking skills
- Interview skills
- What employers look at when they hire
- Collaborations with the career studio that provides internship and career workshops
- Assistance with finding internships and refining resumes
- Financial literacy workshops and fiscal education counseling